Sole Satana, b. 1989, Lorca, Spain
Sole Satana is a documentary and fine art photographer based in Murcia, Spain. She studied Audiovisual Image (2009-2011) and Artistic Photography (2011-2012). Satana's work has been published in various online publications including British Journal of Photography, Humble Arts Foundation, Der Greif "Guest-Room", and Zeit Magazin.
Her photos are closely related to her personal life. Most of them tell the story of what she lives and her surroundings. She has great interest in portraying people and lifestyles outside the society with which she is usually involved in a personal way.
She is also interested in documenting society, traditions and events, and daily life, especially if there is any trace of decadence or particularity, and always taking them to her field, trying to convey the sensations and the atmosphere more than the fact itself, always under a satirical, “ugly-worshipping” and subjective point of view, and always looking for the extraordinary in the ordinary.
2011-2012 - Artistic Photography, Arts School (EA), Murcia.
2009-2011 - Audiovisual Image, I.E.S. Ramón y Cajal, Murcia.
～ GRANTS & AWARDS
2017 - PhotogrVphy Grant (Nominee)
～ GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2016 - Selected for Der Greif "A process 2.0" (Krakow Photomonth Festival, Poland)
2016 - Photo Award "#memory_archive" (Photobook Melbourne, Australia)
～ ONLINE PUBLICATIONS
· Humble Arts Foundation group show #55: Year in Reverse
· Featured in British Journal of Photography
· Der Greif Guest-Room: Charlotte Cotton
· Der Greif Guest-Room: Francesco Zanot
· Der Greif Guest-Room: Diane Smyth
· Der Greif Guest-Room: The Photocaptionist
· Selection by Milena Carstens in Zeit Magazin
· Der Greif Guest-Room: Milena Carstens
· Float Magazine Online Exhibition: Home
· Featured in Murcia Visual